Thursday, June 01, 2006

Make It Fun Or Else

Diets Don't Work

I am sure you have heard this over and over again, I have. But why do most American's continue to look to food as the way to loose those unwanted pounds and inches.

Recently I put loosing some unneeded extra pounds onto my Short List ( I will explain that in another email) of things I am going to place my attention on and the most amazing things started happening.

I woke up yesterday morning and my little darling 3 year woke up 30 minutes later asking to go swimming. She did not even want to eat her breakfast. There was urgency and I did not want to let an opportunity like this one slip by so out the door we went with a banana in hand.

The universe supported me with an easy way to get the motivation and the drive to get an early morning hour of exercise in without any stress or procrastination.

Later that evening my older daughter, the horse rider, wanted some cavaletti's built to begin jumping in our back yard. It wasn't enough that she wanted them for her but her younger sister wanted to begin jumping her horse over the jumps also.

Now, I don't know about you but I am just a little apprehensive in allowing a 3 year old to go over jumps by herself on a 1000 lb animal. So guess what happened next? You guessed it right didn't you?

I got another hour of exercise in walking Leila and Cinderella ( my 3 year olds horse which we call Cindy for short) around the course. Well I was doing more like jumping an obstacle course and getting cheered on by all those watching.

I am not sure who was having more fun, the girls with their horses or the horses themselves wondering about what these silly people are up to.
I had many more blessings today with several more opportunities to get some FUN FITNESS in.

It is important to open your mind up to explore your fitness opportunities in ways that might have you get up and get going. Look for ways to have FUN and PLAY.

I have a client who enjoys dancing. He sheds the pounds and enjoys it to boot. He has more energy and clarity for his business when he is taking the time to follow his bliss.

Some ideas that you might try are belly dancing, row a boat, sailing, grooming horses, building things, water skiing, hiking, bird watching, hunting for arrow heads and who knows what else you can dream up.

Please take a few minutes and send me a comment to let me know FUN FITNESS ways you are shedding off the old and creating a happier you.

No comments: